Hi there, thank you for passing by my site!
‘Living Alchemy’ is a project that has been brewing in my mind for a while now and I finally thought, better now than never. So, here we are. Living in a thoughtful way is something that I think is super important to creating a balanced, happy and healthy life. This blog is a place where I want to share what that means for me and also hopefully something that is interesting for you!
This first post is a recipe for a raw chocolate with almond butter. It’s now mid January and I am sure that many people are faced with the January Blues. This chocolate is a rich, sweet/salty, nutty treat and it’s good for you! Raw cacao and maca provide super feel good vibes that are seriously needed at this time of year!
We finally got our first snow of the season here in Scotland so I stayed inside, put on The Staves to sing along to whilst I made this chocolate and then curled up on the sofa with a book and a cosy blanket. 2016 wasn’t the best but I am far more hopeful about 2017 being a year of adventure, happiness and lots of love. Bring it on!
Almond Butter Raw Chocolate
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (or 1 tsp essence)
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 handful flaked almonds
- pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Melt the cacao butter in a glass mixing bowl over a pan with about 1inch of water.
- Whilst the cacao butter is melting line a small baking tray or bottom of a cake tin for setting with baking paper.
- Once the cacao butter has melted mix in the maple syrup then add the cacao powder, maca, vanilla and salt. Stir until smooth and glossy.
- Pour out your chocolate on to the lined tray.
- Drizzle the almond butter over the top (you might need to stir it a bit so it’s a good consistency) and sprinkle the flaked almonds.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes. Once it has firmed up in the freezer you can easily take it off the tray and break into pieces.
The chocolate is best stored in the fridge or freezer.
I really hope you enjoy this chocolate and it’s a bit of a pick-me-up for you like it was for me!