This post is your friendly little reminder to indulge in some self-love and self-care sometime this week.
This might not be a recipe for something you would eat but skin care is also something that I like to make as much of in my kitchen as I can. I’m a firm believer in a small list of ingredients and that ingredient list shouldn’t contain lots of unnecessary chemicals that don’t do you any good. Natural ingredients are effective and much, much better for our skin.
A face mask containing only three ingredients that actually works? Yep. Hibiscus, lavender and rhassoul clay. It’s also an incredible fuchsia colour when applied.
The clay is rich in minerals and helps to draw out toxins, lavender is super soothing and hibiscus is rich in antioxidants. This a dry face mask so you just need to add some form of liquid to apply it. I would usually apply this once or twice a week depending on how my skin is feeling.
Hibiscus, Lavender & Clay Face Mask
- 1 small handful dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 tbsp dried lavender buds
- 1/2 tbsp rhassoul clay
- Blend everything together until it reaches a very, very fine texture.
- Place maximum of 1 tsp per person of the mask in a bowl and add a little water at a time until you have a paste like consistency (I like using rose-water when my skin needs extra soothing, you could also use raw honey for extra moisture).
- Apply a thin layer to your face and let sit until it begins to dry, approx. 5-10 minutes.