The last couple of days or so I have felt kind of frazzled and a bit worn down. In need of something really comforting I turned to my one true love, tea – sorry Steven! I don’t think I could put a number to the cups of tea I drink a day. It’s a lot. Every time my mug is finished it gets a refill. I tend to gravitate to the more herbal, floral infusions and limit my number of caffeinated beverages to one a day, occasionally two.
My bed was exceptionally difficult to remove myself from this morning. The sun was shining down on me through the windows and the duvet was extremely cosy and comforting. I wanted to set up camp there for the next week (or five!). However, my mood can dramatically decline if I don’t keep on track and feel productive. Trying to find that middle ground between being busy and being calm can be super difficult. But man, is that a sweet spot. So, I rolled out of bed and started my day off with a cup of tea and this song on repeat.
Seeing as Valentine’s Day has just passed I want to encourage everyone (you!) to embrace love every day. Not just on the specific holiday it is assigned to. Self love is just as important as any other love and can be a really powerful thing. Take the time to consider yourself, look after yourself and love yourself. You are SO worth it.
Soothing Rose Tea Latte
Makes 1 latte
- 2tsp loose black tea
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- 3/4 cup plant milk (I like to use almond milk)
- couple drops rose water
- 1tsp coconut butter
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- Put the loose tea in a tea strainer and place in a mug with the hot water. Leave to brew for at least 5 minutes (longer if you prefer a stronger tea).
- In a pan warm the plant milk on a low heat, stirring.
- Once the plant milk has heated up a bit add the coconut butter, this step isn’t essential but I find it makes it really luscious and has some beneficial good fats.
- Add the rose water, strained tea and maple syrup if you want to sweeten your tea.
- If you have a milk frother I would recommend using it once everything has been added to create a lovely silky, frothy latte but this isn’t essential.