Happy Monday! I thought a tasty green juice would be a good idea to kickstart another cold January week. Trying to instil all the calm, productive vibes around here just now and this juice is a winner (as is Laura Marling’s new music. YES GIRL).
Sipping on this juice feels so nourishing and refreshing. Heavy on the nutrients as well as good vibes. Have this when you’re feeling a bit sluggish or make it into a fab breakfast by blending up a frozen banana or half a frozen avocado with this juice for the best smoothie ever. Seriously, it’s like summer in a glass.
This juice is sharp but has a sweetness to it as well thanks to the apples. Super hydrating cucumber makes it really cooling even with the kick from the ginger. Enjoy!
Apple & Ginger Juice (with lots of greens!)
Makes 500mls of juice
- 4 small Granny Smith apples
- 3 generous handfuls of spinach
- 1 generous handful of kale
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 1 inch of ginger
- squeeze of lemon
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- Chop apple and cucumber into manageable sizes for your juicer.
- Wash the apple, cucumber, spinach and kale.
- Add the above ingredients and the ginger to juicer.
- Once your fruit and vegetables have juiced, add a big squeeze of lemon and your apple cider vinegar to the jug and stir.
I would usually re-juice my pulp to make sure I haven’t left anything out!
I own a masticating juicer so you may need to adjust the method according to your juicers instructions.